Make Sure the Last Owners Aren’t Lingering!
Did you just buy a new home? From the entire team at Timo’s, congratulations!
Moving into your new home marks the beginning of your fresh start. But, for your home, that’s not the case. From dirt and dog hair in the carpet to unaddressed comfort problems, your home could be holding on to remnants of its previous owners. It’s up to you to assist your home with moving on, but our team of HVAC contractors in Palm Springs, CA, is here to help!
Here’s what you need to do.
Clean Out the Last Owners
For your home to be your own, it needs a thorough cleaning.
- Vacuum rugs, blinds and window frames.
- Wet mop bare floors.
- Dust every horizontal and vertical surface from the ceilings to the floors, including fans, light fixtures, blinds, cabinets, baseboards, etc.
- Use a streak-free cleaner for windows, mirrors and glass doors.
- Hand wipe light fixtures, baseboards, inside and outside of cabinets, outlets, light switch plates, moldings, woodwork, windowsills, lock ledges, doors and doorframes.
- Vacuum inside of all cabinets, closets/shelves and drawers.
- Use disinfecting wipes or spray to clean sinks, faucets, countertops, countertop appliances, backsplashes, stove top, ventilation hood, the inside of the microwave, fridge, oven and dishwasher doors.
- Scrub, sanitize and deodorize shower/bathtub, showerhead, faucet and toilet.
Get Rid of Anything That Was Swept Under the Carpet
Carpets do more than provide a soft place for our feet to land. They also act as a filter for damaging airborne pollutants and a catch-all for dirt and the things that cling to dirt’s fibers, including dust mites, pet hair, pet urine, dead skin cells, dust, insect feces, insect husks, bacteria, mold, volatile organic compounds and many other types of allergens. To make matters worse, carpets can hold as much as four times their weight in dirt! This means dust and other allergens can cause health problems for asthma and allergy sufferers before you even know they’re there.
So, while vacuuming your carpet will help remove loose dust and dirt, it won’t be effective at eliminating the years of living left behind by your home’s previous occupants. You should consider replacing old carpet or contacting a company to have your new home’s carpets professionally cleaned!
Home in on the Your Air Ducts
Any area of your home that the eye can see—you’ve cleaned. But, what about the areas you can’t see—specifically, your air ducts?
No matter how much you clean your new home’s surfaces and flooring, your indoor space will not truly be clean until you address all of the allergens and pathogens lurking in the air ducts. These invisible invaders can fill your home with odors and possible illness if left to their own devices. That’s why you need to schedule air duct cleaning with Timo’s.
For your peace of mind, Timo’s is trained in the latest duct cleaning and sanitation procedures. Carefully removing contaminants like pollen, mold, bacteria, pet dander and dust, our duct cleaning service helps with removing whatever the previous owners left behind and managing allergies, asthma and other respiratory conditions.
It’s important to have your ducts cleaned every three to five years. Keeping your ducts clean is especially important if:
- Smoking indoors is permitted in your home.
- Your family suffers from chronic respiratory conditions.
- Vermin or pests infest your home.
- Your vents emit visible dust and debris.
- Musty odors are present in your home.
- Water damage impacts your home.
Unpack Solutions for Problems That Were Left Behind
Others’ problems shouldn’t be yours to deal with—except for when it comes to your new home. From leaky ductwork to faulty HVAC equipment, you assume responsibility for any home-related problems that the previous owner left behind. Thankfully, from addressing indoor air quality concerns to fixing an AC or heating repair in La Quinta, CA, and beyond, Timo’s is equipped with the HVAC, IAQ and energy-efficiency services you need to kick any baggage that came with your new Southern California home to the curb.
Make the Right Move—Contact Timo’s Today!
From move-in day to every day that follows, Timo’s is here to help you turn your house into a home. To schedule an HVAC, IAQ or energy-efficiency service, fill out our online form or call us at 760.475.9542 today!