Check Out These Tips for Lowering Your Utility Bills!
From St. Patrick’s Day to spring’s return, one thing is woven throughout the month of March—the color green. So, this month, we challenge you to commit to living a greener life.
Not sure where to begin? Timo’s is here to help! From upgrading your HVAC system to installing insulation, we offer the HVAC services Palm Springs residents need to achieve more energy-efficient homes.
Here are some simple things you can do that will have a big impact on the energy efficiency of your home:
- Replace old light bulbs with new LED ones.
- Use weather stripping to plug air leaks around doorframes.
- Use caulk to seal your windows.
- Change or clean HVAC filters regularly during high-use periods.
- Use fans to move conditioned air.
- Invest in blackout curtains to keep things cool in the summer and insulated blinds to trap in heat in the winter.
Looking to significantly lower you energy bills? Consider these two suggestions:
Insulate Your Attic
Properly insulating your attic is one of the most beneficial things you can do for your budget—and your comfort. According to energy experts, if your attic isn’t adequately insulated, you can expect 40% (or more) of the heated or cooled air in your home to escape through the roof—as well as through your floors and walls.
Thankfully, Timo’s is here to help! Between our team’s expertise and our partnership with Owens Corning—the industry leader in insulation, we can effectively put a stop to this significant energy waste. Utilizing the latest technology, we can add up to 18 inches of high-quality, blown-in insulation to your attic in less than two hours. This helps you control air leakage in your home and eliminates the extreme temperatures that can be present in your attic space.
Plus, insulating your attic can:
- Significantly lower energy bills
- Ensure stable temperatures throughout your home
- Improve your home’s indoor air quality
- Increase your home’s value
- Keep unwanted pests from entering or making a home out of your attic
- … And so much more!
Not sure if your attic is adequately insulated? No worries! We’re currently offering no-obligation attic insulation consultations. Reach out to us today to schedule yours!
Upgrade to a More Energy-Efficient AC Unit
Is your air conditioner outdated or more than 10 years old? If so, it’s time to replace your old, inefficient cooling system with a more energy-efficient one. This means choosing a new AC unit with a higher Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) rating—which is the rating system representing the energy efficiency of air conditioners and heat pumps. The higher the SEER value, the less electricity your system will consume to keep your home cool.
Plus, air conditioners and heat pumps with high SEER ratings:
- Deliver uniform comfort, balanced airflow & accurate temperatures
- Combat allergens & dust to provide cleaner, healthier indoor air quality
- Lower energy consumption & cooling costs with increased energy efficiency
- … And more!
Muster Up the Energy to Contact Timo’s Today!
Whether you’re looking to add insulation to your attic or schedule an AC replacement, Timo’s is here to help! Take the first step toward living a greener life by filling out our online form or calling us at 760.475.9542 today!