How Do You Know When it’s Time to Replace Your AC Unit?
It’s been eleven years— scheduling routine service calls, fixing repairs at a moment’s notice, tending to your AC unit’s every need. Yet, as your eyes linger on the exceedingly high electricity bill that lies in your hand, you wonder how many more of these bills your budget can afford.
Eleven years of unconditional TLC—is it finally time to move on?
Replacing An AC Unit is Good for… Just About Everything
Replacing a malfunctioning HVAC system isn’t a guessing game. In fact, there are a few telltale signs that signify when it’s time for you and your AC unit to part ways.
- Age of the AC unit. Whether your system runs efficiently for it’s age or is in need of expensive repairs, our experts suggest replacing (or begin to think about) replacing your AC unit once it reaches 10 years old.
- Unit needs frequent repairs. Does it seem like your air conditioner is constantly breaking down, leading to costly repairs? Save yourself the constant stress and frequent calls by investing in a new unit.
- Energy bills are rising. High energy bills are a sure indication that it’s time to upgrade to a new, more cost-efficient AC unit.
- Temperature inconsistencies throughout the home. Your living room is roasting hot, but your bedroom feels like the artic tundra. It may be time to fix these inconsistencies by replacing your AC system.
- Homeowners have outgrown their system. From renovations to small home improvements, your home has changed in some form over the years. If you find that your home is simply unable to stay as cool as it used to, it may be time to reexamine your unit. Our guide explains the importance of your home and AC unit growing together.
The Non-System-Related Signs for Replacement
There are some instances where your budget becomes a huge factor in your decision to replace your unit:
- Manufacturer and utility companies offer incentives
- Interest rates are low
Learn more about how you can affordably achieve your indoor comfort goals in our free guide.
For an AC Replacement or Repair, Contact Timo’s Air
At Timo’s, we want our customers to live in a consistently comfortable home. That’s why our experts offer top-of-the-line replacement and repair cooling system services.